Welcome to our Coaching information page for all of our PRMHA members.
Here is a link to start you off with a clear understanding of how to become a Coach within minor hockey.
All coaches, regardless of their level of coaching, MUST also complete:
- Respect in Sport-Activity Leader https://bch.respectgroupinc.com/koala_final/
- Concussion Awareness Training Tool (CATT) https://cattonline.com/
- Criminal Record Check https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ncYWSD7uWGIhzVxBywRUpfV67HGvHvds/view
- Going through the above process will generate, or locate, a Hockey Canada Registration #. This will be used for current and future courses, as well as for verification purposes by our Registrar.
- Where possible, PRMHA will have coaching clinics in Powell River otherwise selected individuals will be reimbursed for courses taken that are required for their division.
- PRMHA Rec and Rep Coordinators will designate Head Coaches for each team, in each division. Then the selected Head Coaches will choose their Assistant coaches and on-ice helpers. *This will then help establish re-imbursement eligibilities*
- U11A is the Development stage that constitutes the first year of more competitive hockey (Rep). https://cdn-ca.aglty.io/bc-hockey/image-gallery/player-section/U11-Pathway-e.pdf
Individuals interested in coaching Representative hockey please fill out and submit an application form: Google Docs Registration Form and send a separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for interested coaches is May 30 of each year, this is to give the volunteer board members time to process applicants.
Additional Hockey Canada National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/hockey-programs/coaching/essentials/nccp/levels-requirements