Welcome to our Coaching information page for all of our PRMHA members.
Here is a link to start you off with a clear understanding of how to become a Coach within minor hockey.
All coaches, regardless of their level of coaching, MUST also complete:
- Respect in Sport-Activity Leader https://bch.respectgroupinc.com/koala_final/
- Concussion Awareness Training Tool (CATT) https://cattonline.com/
- Criminal Record Check https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ncYWSD7uWGIhzVxBywRUpfV67HGvHvds/view
- Going through the above process will generate, or locate, a Hockey Canada Registration #. This will be used for current and future courses, as well as for verification purposes by our Registrar.
- Where possible, PRMHA will have coaching clinics in Powell River otherwise selected individuals will be reimbursed for courses taken that are required for their division.
- PRMHA Rec and Rep Coordinators will designate Head Coaches for each team, in each division. Then the selected Head Coaches will choose their Assistant coaches and on-ice helpers. *This will then help establish re-imbursement eligibilities*
- U11A is the Development stage that constitutes the first year of more competitive hockey (Rep). https://cdn-ca.aglty.io/bc-hockey/image-gallery/player-section/U11-Pathway-e.pdf
Individuals interested in coaching Representative hockey please fill out and submit an application form: Google Docs Registration Form and send a separate email to Chris Marshman: email@example.com. The deadline for interested coaches is June 16 for the 2023-24 season, this is to give the volunteer board members time to process applicants.
Individuals interested in coaching Recreation hockey please fill out and submit an application form: Google Docs Registration Form and email it to Brandi Frehlich: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Hockey Canada National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/hockey-programs/coaching/essentials/nccp/levels-requirements